Sunday, May 31, 2009

POP TARTS!!


So I love pop tarts. I’ve always been a fan, but I can say I truly fell in love with pop tarts in Peru. I’m told it’s very common for missionaries to find a familiar food from home and that food becomes their comfort food while overseas. Well, mine is pop tarts, especially blueberry. And not just any pop tarts. I LOVE generic pop tarts. They just taste better! I can’t find any pop tarts here, so when I go to the States I make sure to load up.

The best pop tarts I’ve found are from a little store called Fred’s. I’m not sure how many Fred’s there are in this world, but I know there is one about 20 minutes from where my parents live. I make it a point to pay them a visit every time I’m at home to shop for a wide variety of things, the most important on the list being GENERIC pop tarts!!

In the last month, while I was home, I continued this tradition. Dad and I headed to Fred’s to stock up on my favorite comfort food. When I got there, I found that they were on sale! Five boxes for $5! What a deal! I started stocking up. I didn’t get just blueberry, of course, because I wanted some variety, so I started picking out my selections, all the while telling my dad just how much I love their pop tarts. (He knows this I’m sure, as I’ve probably told him the same story every time he’s gone with me, but he graciously listened, smiled, and nodded.) I was telling how I haven’t found a better generic pop tart. There is just something about Fred’s that makes pop tarts better. As I was telling my story, I noticed a lady standing near us doing her shopping. She seemed to be listening, but not too intently. I didn’t really pay any attention to her at the time; I just continued my praise. I got 10 boxes and figured that should be enough. I did, after all, need room in my suitcase for things other than pop tarts. As we walked away, the lady who was near us went over and started stocking up on pop tarts as well. Who knew I was selling pop tarts while talking to Dad!! Perhaps Fred’s should hire me as their pop tart advertiser … and then set me up with a lifetime supply of them!! ☺

1 comment:

Arnold Austin Jr said...

Glad to have you (and your poptarts) back